To be clear, the following are the implications of the pending Israeli Government – Palestinan Resistance prisoners swap deal. (Keep in mind that this deal was offered by Hamas over a month ago, but was summarily dismissed by Israel.)
1) The defeat and bending of the will of Netanyahu’s war cabinet, which pledged to never give in to any prisoners’ deal with Hamas, but to “liberate” the captives by military force.
2) The failure of Israel’s war campaign to achieve any of its military objectives as demonstrated by several dejected cabinet members.
3) To force a temporary ceasefire despite the Israeli government’s repeated refusals not to stop its indiscriminate war until the Palestinian resistance is crushed.
4) Despite the heavy sacrifices paid by the people of Gaza including the loss of over 19,000 dead and missing, and over 30,000 injured, the faith, resilience, and steadfastness shown by Gazans have prevailed over the objectives of Israel’s war, which tried to create another Nakba (exile), force the resistance to surrender, or pressure the Palestinian people to abandon their struggle against the occupation.
5) The loss of Israel’s standing in the world because of its aggressive and inhumane behavior, which was in full display as every justification for the war was exposed to be a blatant lie.